[foxboro] Exceed fonts problem on Windows XP

  • From: duc.do@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:17:30 -0500

Hi list,

We are using Hummingbird Exceed 7.0 and 8.0 on our Windows 2000 desktop to
view Display Manager graphics, and have been doing that for years, so we've
worked out most of the kinks. So far.

However, we are getting new desktop PCs and are migrating to Windows XP Pro.
In the process, it was discovered that Exceed on WinXP Pro mangles some of
the markers. Specifically, the first marker in all marker sets is not
displayable, which can be a problem since, for example, the first marker in
plc_mkr is the open contact in a PLB ladder. When viewed with the Font
Viewer in Xconfig, the first marker is additionally marked with a little tic
mark. This happens in both Exceed 7.0 and 8.0.

A screen print of plc_mkr can be seen at
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/temp/plc_mkr.jpg, with the fonts as seen
in Windows 2000 on the left, and Win XP Pro on the right. Note the little
extra mark on the first marker.

Has anybody encountered this marker problem? Is there a workaround? (I know,
I know... use VNC! But we are not ready to make that leap just yet.)

We tried Hummingbird's technical help, but they wouldn't look at it as even
our 8.0 software is "out-of-date" since the current version is now 10.0.

Regards,

Duc

--
Duc M. Do