[foxboro] Common Alarm Group

  • From: Pablo Lioi <plioi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 14:31:42 +0000

Hello all,
In our control room, we have four I/A 8.4.3 XP operator workstations.

Operators wanted the workstations grouped in pairs for alarm management. So I
configured two alarm groups, with 2 WS each (say WS1/2 and WS3/4), and set the
clear alarm option to "Delete alarm throughout the CAG". Everything worked as
expected.

But there is a problem: operators want the "Silence Horns" function to work on
both groups at the same time (i.e., pressing the "Silence Horns" button in any
workstation silences horns in all workstations). For what I know, it can't be
done...

As an alternative, I could put all the workstations back in the same CAG to
solve the "Silence Horns" problem, but I would need some trick to make the
clear and ack alarm function work in pairs (i.e., clearing alarms in WS 1 also
clears alarms in WS 2 and vice-versa, but doesn't affect WS 3 and 4; clearing
alarms in WS 3 also clears alarms in WS 4 and vice-versa, but doesn't affect WS
1 and 2)

As for why would anybody want to group 4 WS that are a few feet apart from each
other in two groups... well, it's one of those Operations things.

Thanks,

Pablo Lioi

TOTAL AUSTRAL S.A.

Tierra del Fuego - Argentina