[foxboro] Back to Boston!

  • From: David Johnson <drjohn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 13:35:32 -0500

Hey Everybody,

Although it hasn't been that long since we were together in Dallas,
it's time to get back together.  This time we're going back to Boston
July 15th - 18th, home of many a fine meeting in the past and close
enough to the old neighborhood that maybe some of the Redsox nation
that we've been missing on the Texas swing will be there. Assuming
there's a braintrust left in Foxboro they might show up too.  And
this year they're giving me a microphone and a time slot during the
main meeting.  Which means I have to prepare something, which means I
need you guys to give me something.  Come on, I'm busy here.  So what
would you like to talk about?  I had an idea or two, but I don't want
to muddy the waters yet.  Ok, I do want to talk about migrating from
Unix to windows, but with practical tips, not just windows bashing.
(Although I expect some of that too.)

So grab a suitcase and log on to
http://www.foxboro.com/us/eng/UG07.htm

And while they list some reasons to attend that you can show your
boss, I think my list it better.

5)      See if you still look younger and hipper than Charlie Piper
4)      Fenway Park -- Sox VS Royals under the light of the Citgo sign
3)      See if Betty Naylor-McDevitt-Smith-Jones has added another
name to her list
2)      Control Engineer Groupies, oh yeah!
1)      Expense Account + Free Sam Adams = Rock Star Hotel Room Trashing

So talk amongst yourselves, I'm listening.

David

I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/huntersth154760.html>Hunter
S. Thompson