[fossnews] [X-POST] ILUGC Monthly Meet (July 13 2013)

  • From: Shrinivasan T <tshrinivasan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 12:35:36 +0530

http://ilugc.in/content/ilugc-monthly-meet-july-13-2013/

Indian Linux Users Group, Chennai [ ILUGC ] is spreading awareness on
Free Open Source Software in Chennai since Jan 1998. We meet regularly
on every month second Saturday with technical talks and discussions on
various Free software.

Check our website http://ilugc.in for further details.

We have our Meet on July 13, 2013

Check the details below.

ILUGC Monthly Meet (July 13 2013):-

Time : Sat July 13, 2013 (3.00 – 5.30 PM)

Venue:
Venue: Classroom No 3,
Aero Space Engineering,
Near Gajendra Circle,
IIT Madras.

Link for the Map: http://bit.ly/iit-aero

1.

Topic:
Dcmtk- Dicom-medical imaging tool kit.

dcmtk is a foss tool kit for many work relating to medical images. I
would like share my experience in connecting hospital x-ray system with
hospital information system, using dcmkt and other foss tools.

Duration:  30 Minutes

About Speaker: Raman P. < raamanp AT yahoo.co.in >

Raman is working as a sysadmin at Indian Railways Hospital, Chennai.
He implements GNU/Linux in Railways and he is a debian fan.
He is one of the longtime ILUGC contributor in all the activities.

2.

Topic: Open Source Business Opportunities

several examples including that of tech giants like Redhat. We will
also explore and discuss the special opportunities and difficulties
that an Open Source business would face.

Duration: 45 minutes

About speaker: Hi! I'm Kumaran R, Computer Engineering undergraduate
student at University of Massachusetts. I have been interested and
working in Linux and Open Source for the past 10 years.

kumaran AT kums.in

3.

Topic:
Disk Management with LVM

Want to share my experience when I migrated from a failing hard-drive to
a new one without loosing the OS. I'll cover the below sub-topics,

1) Disk Partitioning with LVM
2) Taking Backup with LVM snapshot
3) Restoring backup in a new disk and starting the same OS.

Duration:  30 Minutes.

About speakers:

Mohan R < mohan43u AT gmail.com >
is a GNU/Linux and C/C++ developer.

4.

Topic:
Introduction to Dhvani - Text to speech system for Indian Languages.

Dhavani is a Text to speech system for Indian Languages.
Let us explore on how to install this and use it.
We can even contribute for this to improve it.

Duration:  30 Minutes.

About speaker:

PrasannaKumar Muralidharan < prasannatsmkumar AT gmail.com >
started to explore dhvani and started to contribute.

Links:
http://slidesha.re/10Qk4pZ
http://dhvani.sourceforge.net/
http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Dhvani
https://github.com/tshrinivasan/dhvani-tts

5.
General group discussions on any queries, events etc.
CDs/DVDs can be shared on prior request.

Announce this to all your friends, social network sites etc.

All are welcome. Entry Free

Contact:
Shrinivasan – 98 41 79 54 68

--