[fossnews] Fwd: [FTC] Testing Firefox for Android in Tamil

  • From: Shrinivasan T <tshrinivasan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fossnews <fossnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, fossnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kanchilug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 12:31:36 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Arun Prakash" <arunprakash.pts@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Apr 19, 2014 11:42 AM
Subject: [FTC] Testing Firefox for Android in Tamil
ilugc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gbinfitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gbinfitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
<freetamilcomputing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello,

As you people may know, Mozilla is planning to release Indic versions of
Firefox for Android. As a result of this, people may now see their Firefox
for Android running in Tamil soon. We are in progress of making it a better
one. So we want people help to make it a success.

What you can do for us is you can download the alpha version of the Single
Locale build and start using that. If you find any issues with translation
or something related to UI please report to us. We try to fix that and make
the official version a bug free one. Single Locale build * of Tamil resides
here:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mobile/nightly/latest-mozilla-aurora-android-l10n/fennec-30.0a2.ta.android-arm.apk.

What you can do for testing is Navigate through all available areas of
Fennec. These are:

   - Home page exploration

   - Private browsing

   - Sync browsing

   - Settings>Page (open and use all items)

   - Settings>Tools (open and use all items)

   - Downloads

   - Add-ons

   - Apps

   - New guest session

   - Settings>Configuration (open and use all items)

   - Sync

   - Personalize

   - Display

   - Privacy

   - Mozilla

   - Developer tools

Please me (arunprakash.pts [AT] gmail [DOT] com) or thangam [DOT] arunx
[AT] gmail [DOT] com for any issues.

If you want to test for other Indic language you can do that also. All the
single locale builds resides at
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mobile/nightly/latest-mozilla-aurora-android-l10n/.
You can ping your respective l10n teams here
https://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Teams .

*Please note: You should have an Android phone where you can see Tamil and
which can run normal Mozilla Firefox available from Play Store to run this
apk. Please refer to requirements here:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/will-firefox-work-my-mobile-device .

Thanks,

Mozilla Tamil Team