[fogri] Processing Geophysicist

  • From: "Rovicky Dwi Putrohari" <rovicky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Himpunan Ahli Geofisika Indonesia (HAGI)" <HAGI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<fogri@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 21:45:26 +0800

From : http://www.earthworks-jobs.com/oil/shellus6.html
published: 17 april 2002

Shell Exploration & Production Company
Processing Geophysicist
New Orleans (LA)
Shell Exploration and Production Company (SEPCo) is engaged in exploring for
and producing oil and natural gas reserves in the United States. For more
than 80 years, we have been an industry leader in finding new energy
supplies and developing technology to safely recover them. A principle area
of concentration is the Gulf of Mexico, where we are the largest producer of
oil and natural gas and the leader in the deepwater frontier. We are
currently seeking a Processing Geophysicist for our Seismic Technology
Department located in New Orleans.

As a member of the Seismic Imaging team, you will be expected to
independently process 3D seismic data from the Gulf of Mexico using SIPMAP
software (Shell's proprietary in-house processing package). You will be
responsible for 3D Pre and Post Stack Time and Depth Imaging in support of
lease sales, wildcat drilling, field development, and production
surveillance, as well as assisting in rapid prototyping and deployment of
new imaging technology from SEPTAR (Shell's R&D community) through close
interaction with the Advanced Seismic Technology group. You will be called
upon to vigorously participate in intra-team best practice sharing and
learning, interacting closely with subsurface professionals, technology
developers and technology implementers.

To qualify, you must possess knowledge of seismic data processing with a
minimum 3 years' hands-on experience and a Bachelor's degree in Geophysics,
Physics or Electrical Engineering. Research and Development experience in
seismic imaging will be a plus. Good communication and interpersonal skills
are imperative.

We offer an outstanding compensation and benefit package.

Contact:
Shell Exploration & Production Company
recruitment@xxxxxxxxx
Shell People Services - Americas
P.O. Box 20329 (Ad Code: 3085)
Houston TX 77225

Shell Companies in the U.S. are equal opportunity employers.
Only resumes of interest will be acknowledged.

published: 17 april 2002     Please mention EARTHWORKS when responding to
this advertisement.

----
Gabung Milist Fogri, email ke fogri-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx dengan subject
subscribe