[focus-l] Re: TRUNCATION

  • From: "Hamilton, Robert" <roberth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <focus-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 10:48:26 -0500

This is a very simple task and I got off track by trying to follow the
FOCUS=20
Manual pp 9-80 to 9-82  ;
Here's the deal; there is a file w/ ssn, fund, bal , h ; if fund is in
a  list of funds noted by ddname gs then I want to create a new fld
based on
Values of h.

My question now is if I use  take =3D DECODE FUND(GS ELSE 1); FROM THE
MANUAL

IS take supposed to be 0/1 or is it the value of fund.  In one place the

Manual leads me to believe one way; the next sentence the other.  Can
anyone
Shine some light - even a glimmer - at the end of the tunnel?

Thnx

bobh