[focus-l] Capturing error and warning messages

  • From: "Derek Croxton" <CDCroxton@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <focus-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 15:38:45 -0400

Is there a way of capturing non-fatal WebFocus messages, to display them
as part of a report footing, for instance?  The problem is that many
times, one part of a .fex will fail, but the report will still produce
output that seems reasonable.  Unless you go look at the source behind
the HTML code, you will not be aware of the warnings or error messages
(and if you are sending it to Excel or PDF, you'll never find out at
all).  I know how to turn on the trace feature and send these messages
to a file, but what I'd really like is a systematic way of retrieving
all warnings and errors and displaying them along with a report, so any
problems will be immediately obvious to a developer or user.

Thanks in advance,

Sincerely,
Derek Croxton