[flora_of_nepal] Poush update

  • From: Colin Pendry <C.Pendry@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "flora_of_nepal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <flora_of_nepal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 13:04:04 +0000

Dear All

We would like to congratulate Ram P. Chaudhary who was received the 'Science
Award' for the year 2013 (2069/70 B.S.) from Nepal Academy of Science and
Technology (NAST) on December 5. The award recognises his outstanding
contribution in the areas of teaching and undertaking research in plant
biodiversity and ethnobotany. The Science award was presented by the Chairman
of the Ministers (Prime Minister) of Nepal and Chancellor of NAST by Mr. Khil
Raj Regmi, and the cash prize by the Vice-Chancellor of NAST Prof. Surendra Raj
Kafle. Prof. Chaudhary has decided to donate the cash to a school in a village
to popularize Science.

The Buchanan Hamilton exhibition will be on at the Nepalese Embassy in London
between the 6th and and 24th January, so if anyone is in London then they
should drop in the to Embassy to see it.

I am in the final stages of editing the Companion Volume to the Flora of Nepal,
and just waiting for the final contributions from Nepalese co-authors which are
expected soon.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy Christmas from
all the team in Edinburgh.

With best wishes

Colin

Dr Colin A. PENDRY | Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh | 20a Inverleith Row |
Edinburgh | EH3 5LR
Tel.: +44 (131) 248 2969 | Fax: +44 (131) 248 2901 | RBGE website:
www.rbge.org.uk<http://www.rbge.org.uk/> | Flora of Nepal website:
www.floraofnepal.org<http://www.floraofnepal.org/>

--
The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh is a Charity registered in Scotland (No
SC007983)