[flora_of_nepal] Flagun update

  • From: Colin Pendry <C.Pendry@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "flora_of_nepal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <flora_of_nepal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 17:18:23 +0000

Dear All

We are pleased to hear that there continues to be much activity in Nepal and we
look forward to an update on progress with both parts of Volume 10.

Work on Volume 7 continues, with the completion of the first draft of the
Acanthaceae account which is now ready for editing. Bhaskar has also received
funding for the illustrations and they will be done by Claire Banks here at
RBGE who contributed several excellent plates for Volume 3.

We have been in discussion with Dr. Petr Kosachev of the Altai State
University,Russia who works on Scrophulariaceae / Orobanchaceae, and we hope
that he will be able to contribute several accounts to Volume 7.

The Buchanan-Hamilton exhibition at the Nepalese Embassy was a great success,
and has now finished. It was launched by Foreign Secretary Arjun Bahadur Thapa
and speeches were also made by Dr Chalise, the Nepalese ambassador, Andy Sparks
the UK ambassador to Nepal, and UK ministers Hugo Swires and Alan Duncan among
others. There was also an excellent presentation by a certain Dr Mark Watson,
and he also provided an article on the exhibition for the Commemorative Issue
which celebrates 200 years of Nepal-UK relations. I was also privileged to
attend. More information can be seen
here<http://stories.rbge.org.uk/archives/10048>.

With best wishes

Colin

Dr Colin A. PENDRY | Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh | 20a Inverleith Row |
Edinburgh | EH3 5LR
Tel.: +44 (131) 248 2969 | Fax: +44 (131) 248 2901 | RBGE website:
www.rbge.org.uk<http://www.rbge.org.uk/> | Flora of Nepal website:
www.floraofnepal.org<http://www.floraofnepal.org/>

--
The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh is a Charity registered in Scotland (No
SC007983)