[fct-java-geeks] VMware under Linux on the Intel-based Macintosh

  • From: Tom Adams <tom.adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FCT Geeks <fct-java-geeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:19:46 +1000

We now have Windows XP running on the Intel-based Macintosh â as a guest
operating system under the Linux version of VMware. This is quite
exciting and promising, especially since the performance of Windows XP
seems quite amazing (based on our limited test run so far) â mind you,
the kernel and the environment we are using are experimental and
unoptimized, so it would not be unreasonable to expect even better
performance.

To anybody who has used Windows XP under Virtual PC on the PowerPC
version of Mac OS X: you will simply be blown away by how fast Windows
XP runs under VMware on the new hardware.

http://www.osxbook.com/book/bonus/misc/vmware/

--
tom adams
p: +61.7.3011.7509 | e: tom.adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

List homepage: //www.freelists.org/list/fct-java-geeks

PLEASE NOTE: This list is for general technical discussions.
Please do not post sensitive company specific information to
this list.