[farroutobservatory] Sunspot to go with partial eclipse.

  • From: Craig MacDougal <macdouc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: farroutobservatory@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 09:39:00 -0400

Through a fortuitous arrangement with the blinds in a window of my house (I won't bore you with the details) I get a very nice 2" diameter pinhole projection image of the sun across the room on clear mornings near the equinox.

Checking it out this morning, I find that there is a big sunspot group on the sun. Further investigation with eclipse glasses shows that it is visible at 1X.

Here is a link to the current SOHO image:

http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/realtime/hmi_igr/512/

Craig
To view archives of this list go to //www.freelists.org/archive/farroutobservatory
You can also unsubscribe by sending email to farroutobservatory-
request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with “unsubscribe” in the Subject.