[FLUG] Come si pronuncia Linux?

  • From: <giros@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ML FortunaeLUG" <fanolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 23:43:56 +0200

Mailing List del Fortunae LUG
=============================

Hei raga ho trovato un libro completo a questo indirizzo...

http://freebooks.boom.ru/view/LinuxUnleashed/ewtoc.html

se navigate sul sito ne trovate tanti altri ecco il link

http://freebooks.boom.ru/

Leggendo l'introduzione mi son imbattuto su questo paragrafo che vi
riporto...

Before we start, though, a quick word on pronouncing "Linux." There are two
schools of thought about the i sound in "Linux"; because Linux is similar to
UNIX and was originally developed by a programmer with the first name Linus,
many assume that the long i, as in "line-ucks," is the correct
pronunciation. On the other hand, Linux was actually developed to replace a
UNIX workalike called Minix (with a short i), so the rest of the Linux
community calls the operating system "lih-nicks." Which is correct? The
original developers use the latter pronunciation, while most North Americans
prefer the former. Choose whichever you prefer. Either way, we know what you
mean.

Linux ->  lainucks
Linux ->  linicks

Giusto?

Saluti

Tino

--
"Jesus Christ, who are these people?" -- Bill Gates