[fandf100] Re: Home Care services information & experiences

  • From: "Kahn, Jill" <jill.kahn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jill.kahn@xxxxxxxxxxx" <jill.kahn@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "roberta.warshaw@xxxxxxxxx" <roberta.warshaw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 10:47:22 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

Boylston Place is Epoch. I had terrible experiences at Epoch (Chestnut Hill)
for my mother, and just as bad experiences when my father-in-law was at Epoch
in Weston. Ask to tour Boylston Place at 430pm. (Or anytime after dark - easy
this time of year.) Make sure to visit residents and talk with them after dark.

Epoch uses mostly per diem staff. There is always a different person caring for
your parent, and they won't know, or even care to know, your loved one. My
mother would have died at Epoch Chestnut Hill in January 2006, had I not pulled
her out. One morning I came to see Mom - she had not been herself for several
days - and she was totally out of it. I asked for her temperature to be taken
right away. She had 105 fever. She was rushed to the hospital. She was 81 at
the time. Mom lived - elsewhere - to age 90.

Please feel free to call or text me (617-640-2916), or email me, if you'd like
more info on Epoch.

Please know that there are huge differences between a for-profit place such as
Epoch and a non-profit such as Hebrew Senior Life.

Jill Kahn

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 12, 2015, at 10:01 AM, Kahn, Jill <jill.kahn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I think you may want to visit Newbridge on the Charles and also Orchard Cove.
Both owned by HSL and both very good.

Jill Kahn

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 12, 2015, at 9:30 AM, Roberta Warshaw <roberta.warshaw@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On a similar note, I have been thinking that I may need to move my parents
to assisted living very soon. They really need more meals and more care than
they are getting now.

I have an appointment on Tuesday to visit Boylston Place. If anyone has any
other suggestions I would love to hear from you. I am feeling quite lost and
not sure what to do.

Thanks

Roberta

Roberta Warshaw
http://www.robertawarshawdesign.com/

From: peter miller <peterm@xxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 9:23 AM
To: F&F100 <fandf100@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Lisa Sachs <sachsl1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [fandf100] Home Care services information & experiences

Marian, Nina, everyone — this is exactly the kind of info that Families and
Friends can help each other with. I know you, Nina, have a special interest
in this kind of sharing, too — so we'll work together to find a good way to
share everyone's recommendations and experience that don't get posted to the
list. — peter