Faculty Films newsletter Shaolin Soccer

  • From: <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <facultyfilms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 12:31:28 +0200 (CEST)

Hey y'all,

Faculty Films is here for you one last time this year. Combining all the
good stuff, big screen, quality sound and free popcorn, we would like to
make this a worthy end of this year. We'll be back in summer with
blockbuster movies "Inglorious Bastards" and "(This. Is. Sparta!) 300"! We
promise to be back in September, but for tonight, just drag everybody you
can find along and help us get rid of that popcorn.

Tonight we'll show you "Shaolin Soccer"! And not just the English version,
but the Cantonese one, with extra scenes that are really gold, and
Cantonese singing, which is a lot sweeter to the ear than English.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bREfcVPssiE

Sing is a skilled Shaolin kung fu devotee whose amazing "leg of steel"
catches the eye of a soccer coach. Together they assemble a squad of
Sing's former Shaolin brothers inspired by the big-money prize in a
national soccer competition. Using an unlikely mix of martial arts and
newfound soccer skills, it seems an unbeatable combination until they must
face the dreaded Team Evil in the ultimate battle for the title.

Language: Cantonese
Subtitles: English
Genre: Comedy / Sport / Action

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0286112/