[eyedrumartcomm] Re: surprise gallery show

  • From: Priscilla Smith <priscillagaysmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eyedrumartcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 16:07:07 -0400

Thx Bill. Would like to see pieces just to get an idea. Princess our intern
is working on this too.

Carlton has them? He hasn't writtrn nr back.

nate called. Calling him back.

Interweb down. Writing on fone. sorry fir machinespeak and typod.

Feel free to use fone if you havr more or need mire.

Thhhhxxxxxc so much
On Jun 13, 2014 11:28 AM, "William Taft" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Pris,
>
> Sandra (exec director of Ff) says these two paintings are avail for
presentation in the West End Performing Arts Center lobby show.

> 1) In association with Carlton Mackey (director of Emory’s Ethics and
Arts Initiative) the Ff kids completed a large painting in collaboration
with Paper Frank (approximately 4’x 8’).  The painting is on two big pieces
of stretched canvass.

> 2) The Ff kids also completed a quilt project.  The finished quilt is
framed (2’ x 3’) and suitable for wall hanging.

> The Carlton/Paper Frank painting is at Emory now.  But Carlton says he is
ready to loan it to the show.

> What is the next step?
>
> Bill
>

> On Saturday, June 7, 2014 4:46 PM, William Taft <
dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Priscilla,
>
> I will send Nate your contact info and details regarding the surprise
show.

> Ff is out of session for the summer, but they have artwork that might be
available and suitable for presentation.

> For example:  In association with Carlton Mackey (director of Emory’s
Ethics and Arts Initiative) the Ff kids completed a large painting
(approximately 4’x 8’).  The painting is on two big pieces of stretched
canvass.

> The Ff kids also completed a quilt project.  The finished quilt is framed
(2’ x 3’) and suitable for wall hanging.

> As to whether or not Ff work is appropriate for this venue, I'll leave it
up to you, Essential Theater, and the curator.

priscillagaysmith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is fantastic. Pkease give him my contact info. All of it. But would
you be willing to stay in the conversation? I wonder if it woukd be
appropriaye to show work from FF?
> Xxoo
> On Jun 7, 2014 10:36 AM, "William Taft" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>> Priscilla,
>>
>> Nate Dyer is an artist and educator who I met while working at
Foreverfamily in the Pittsburgh community of Atlanta.  Nate has expressed
an interest in working with Eyedrum, perhaps this surprise show might be a
good way for him and Eyedrum to get acquainted.

>> How do I get him involved with this discussion? Where should I direct
his interest?

>> Bill
>> On Saturday, June 7, 2014 12:03 AM, Priscilla Smith <
priscillagaysmith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I've been talking with Jennifer Kimball, managing dir. of Essential
Theater (they do a month-long "festival" of new plays every summer) about
their using Eyedrum in the future, etc., etc.

>> They will be doing their thing at the West End Perf. Arts Center and
have invited us to curate a show for the lobby.

>> They're emphasizing "local"/Georgia and it is suggested that looking for
artists from around West End (I'm sure Capitol View, Capitol View Manor,
Adair Park, Sylvan Hills all count).

>> Need to jump on this right away. Thoughts on artists in those
neighborhoods to put a piece or two up would be welcome. Anyone want to
curate? If we need funds, I'll see what I can find from locals over there.
Annie Casey Foundation might help if I ask for the right thing.