[eyedrumartcomm] Re: [eyedrum_board] Fwd: Please forward this to the board

  • From: Priscilla Smith <priscillagaysmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "eyedrumartcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <eyedrumartcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 08:32:21 -0400

Well, when you give an artist a commission, unless explicitly stated, the
work and components thereof usually go to the artist. Allison's commission
covered an artist fee and materials and the materials were the ball and
other supplies.

It kind of goes along with the policy that Eyedrum doesn't sell works, we
put buyers in touch with artists. If artists makes sales, then a donation
back to us is much appreciated.

Of the Existing artists, Tom Haney's work is the most saleable. He sells
his other, handmade objects, for lots of money. He is willing to sell his
musical instrument case  assemblages (he's going to let me know for how
much, he's never sold this sort of thing before) and will share. He also
has some odds and ends from the music store he'd like to take home,
understanding that we're selling the whole rubbishy heap next weekend.

To a person, the artists understand that things that will bring a good
price next weekend are not up for grabs.

When we got a commission in 2010 for Elevate, we spent $1500 or so on a
nice, bright, projector. When it got ripped off the site, it was our loss.