[eyedrumartcomm] MINUTES OF ART COMM MEETING June 1 2014

  • From: terry coffey <terry.coffey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "eyedrumartcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <eyedrumartcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 19:08:36 -0400

*Guys, please add anything I missed....I seem to have taken very weak notes
on the meeting....Terry*

art comm meeting Sunday June 1st 2014
present Colleen, Robby, Emma, Terry, Andy & his friend Preston--(who is a
DJ)
absent Kristin, Maxwell, Onur, Al, Priscilla

1)Andy wanted to propose starting a monthly dance night....featuring dark
wave  music and light/video installations. various DJ's and VJ's and
installation artists would be invited to create immersive
environment...free admission but money would be made from drinks. Aug 1 is
the first event.....first Fridays.

2) General discussion of the space and what needs to still happen...baffles
and flooring, ways to hang shows...will be decided when we know more about
the shows.

3) Discussion of upcoming shows...we all want to have Susan Cipcic show,
but when is she ready? & most likely yes to Monica's proposal.
calendar is mostly full....need to touch base with artists. When will we
know outcome of grant proposal for Public Domain?

4) Emma will talk more to Cindy about dates for a show...
5) More art making events (aka Chinese canvas torture) to be planned
awaiting news of grant application for Terry's proposal--or can be hosted
by someone else.
6) Need to promote Life Drawing Sundays....
7) Robby mentioned Derek Larson as interesting artist........
8) June 21 st event to coordinate with the Contemporary???