[eyedrumartcomm] Get yer fresh hot minutes!!!

  • From: terry coffey <terry.coffey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "eyedrumartcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <eyedrumartcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "eyedrum_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <eyedrum_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 22:16:07 -0400

*Art Com meeting Sunday July 13th 2014*

Present: Andy Imm, Emma Ball & guest Ben Cardwell, Lindsay Smith,  Maxwell
Sebastian, Priscilla Smith, Terry Coffey, Yoon Nam --

Updates:

*Opal Gallery* wants to do Chris Verene show in October for ACP—

Will take 82 Forsyth/no rent for 2 years but will fixture out estimate
$20,000 but we think that is an inflated estimate

Opal would get a General contractor & dumpster which could be good for us
to share. We will negotiate terms...

*New Biz & Ideas:*

*GRADY COUSINS* wants to do a show SOON (next month) inviting in 5-6
artists with $350 stipend to do/make art “in situ” with the

IDEAL MUSIC space the way it exists….we likey!!

Lifestyle building materials (Murphy St.) has wood flooring @50cents/per sq
ft and free white vinyl

New space needs

                    Fan from Mauldin

                    Air conditioning units moved and connected

                    Walls which are suitable to hang art

                    Floor installed or repainted at least

*RAUSCHENBERG people coming July 30th---need to make it look better before
then!*

West End Performing Arts Center (Jennifer Kimball is contact)

                    Princess curated a show for the lobby

                    Eyedrum will run concessions (no booze) for several
weeks (thurs/fri/sat)

*ANDY IMM----Aug 1 Dark Wave + sculpture show coming up….need to clean and
paint space & get AC!!!*

*ORION CROOK*

                    Presented project for terrarium  $700 ish /36” square
plexi with live plants and ceramic critters

                    We would like it before the September show/document and
follow progress and have a show a year out that

                    Showcases both the process and changes of the terrarium

                    Possible collaboration with Grady—

*YOON NAM proposal for Album 88 retrospective 5 months or more out---Yes
all around*

*Would involve Millie de Chirico & other staff at 88.5*

*Maxwell Sebastian pitches 3 artists for possible shows*

*1)HAWK KRALL…* who does comic book type drawings of local places/we would
bring him here to draw Atlanta

Possible grant to cover budget of $2300 thinking Fall of 2015

*2)ALEX FELLICIANO-painter lives in Atlanta-*

*3)IRENA ZBLOTSKA—Ukrainian painter *