[eyedrumartcomm] Fwd: installation

  • From: Priscilla Smith <priscillagaysmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "eyedrum_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <eyedrum_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "eyedrumartcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <eyedrumartcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 02:08:00 -0400

I wrote her and told her we'd consider her submission. Her website has
samples.

xo

From: Megan C Mosholder <mcmosholder@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Subject: installation
To: EyedrumExistingConditions@xxxxxxxxx

Inspired by both the interior and exterior, I make three-dimensional
drawings to emphasize obscured elements within recognizable objects and
correlate the symbolic with lived experience. My work begins with the
search for potential install locations. I prefer sites where nature has
been permeated by manufactured elements or ways in which structures can
communicate certain particulars about the current human condition. Each
composition is comprised of a multitude of lines expanding and contracting
in space to encourage the appreciation of specific habitats for what they
are while also examining their hidden meanings. The final artworks are a
multi-sensory art experience enhanced by natural and synthetic light
intended to engulf the visual senses and reawaken for a moment the simple
intrigue of looking.

Much of my work is site-specific. I will not know exactly what I will be
capable of creating until I visit the site. I am currently out of town to
install in New York but was invited by Andy Imm to submit. You can see
images of my previous work on my website at meganmosholder.com

I look forward to hearing your decision.

Best regards,

--
   <http://about.me/meganc>

Megan C Mosholder