[eyedrumartcomm] Re: Fwd: Wheat Pasting Next Fri. 4/4

  • From: Priscilla <priscillagaysmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "eyedrumartcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <eyedrumartcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 15:01:18 -0400

Laz said yes.

This is anazing.  More deets as they come in.

From: "Ashley Joyce Holmes" <aholmes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mar 28, 2014 1:54 PM
Subject: Wheat Pasting Next Fri. 4/4
To: "art@xxxxxxxxxxx" <art@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Susan E Richmond" <srichmond@xxxxxxx>, "Jessica Elizabeth Jones"
<jessjones@xxxxxxx>

Hello,

I am a faculty member at Georgia State University, and I am collaborating with
several departments on campus to host Brooklyn-based street artist Tatyana
Fazlalizadeh next week (Wed, Apr. 2 – Fri, Apr. 4). Tatyana’s project Stop
Telling Women attempts to address gender-based street harassment by
wheat-pasting drawn portraits of women, composed with captions that speak
directly to offenders, outside in public urban spaces. You may have heard about
Stop Telling Women to Smile, as it has received national attention with
coverage on NPR, The New York Times, and The Huffington Post, among others. You
can read more about the project and see Tatyana’s art at
http://stoptellingwomentosmile.com.

I know it is very last minute, but we have encountered a number of challenges
in trying to find Tatyana an outdoor space where she can wheat paste. We have
slated next Friday, 4/4 as a wheat pasting day for Tatyana, but, beyond our
back-up of Krog Street tunnel, we’ve been unable to secure approvals for a
potential wheat pasting site. A colleague of mine suggested Eye Drum, so I
thought I would reach out to see if you might be interested in collaborating
with us on this project.

Again, my apologies for the lateness of this request, but thank you in advance
for considering it. I would be happy to pull together a proposal ASAP if that’s
what you would need to move forward. Does Eye Drum have outdoor/building space
that might be suitable for Tatyana’s wheat pasting? Feel free to email or call
(919-434-5665, cell) if you’d like to talk more about this.

All best,

Ashley

---

Ashley J. Holmes, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor of English (Rhetoric and Composition)

Georgia State University

aholmes@xxxxxxx

404.413.5813

Office: Langdale Hall 915

Mail: P.O. Box 3970, Atlanta, GA 30302-3970

Website: www.ashleyjholmes.com