[eyedrumartcomm] Fwd: Do not miss this one time only performance: Travis Dodd Murmurs at whitespec

  • From: Susan Cipcic <mssickness@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eyedrumartcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 12:16:10 -0400

Another artist who showed at Eyedrum long ago...had a piece in a 2007 group
show then a solo Small Gallery exhibit in 2008...

 *Murmurs*
*a site specific installation*

*Travis Dodd*

 Opening Saturday, November 1 | 7 - 10 pm

*Murmurs,* a site specific installation by Atlanta artist, Travis Dodd,
explores the evidence of mythic protocols.  This work was created in order
to record the consciousness of our galaxy's super massive black hole before
its evaporation.  Dodd uses remote viewing and  ritual to extract and
preserve our awareness by interpreting secret messages he receives via
black hole radiation. Photodocumentation, live broadcast and various
objects guide the viewer along this quest converting consciousness into
analysis that  informs our relationship with black holes and influences our
perception of reality, ultimately  leaving us with intertwined destinies .

*Travis Dodd* received a BFA in Photography from The Savannah College of
Art and Design. Currently, Travis is pursuing an MA in Sculpture at The
Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta.

  Exhibition Dates:
November 1st - 22nd, 2014
Opening Reception:
November, 1st | 7 - 10 pm
Gallery Hours:
Wednesday - Saturday | 11 am - 5 pm or by
                                             appointment
Location:
814 Edgewood Avenue| Atlanta, GA 30307

*About whitespace gallery*
Whitespace is a contemporary gallery active in Atlanta and across the
Southeast that seeks to foster an immersive environment of free-expression,
intimacy, and dialogue. Under the direction of owner Susan Bridges, the
gallery has housed numerous exhibitions across all mediums promoting
artistic innovation and inquiries into the relationships that define who we
are, both collectively and as individuals. As a respected institution in
Atlanta's art community, whitespace and the artists it houses continue to
inspire all who attend through thoughtful examinations of the world around
us, allowing viewers a new mode of seeing beyond meaning.

  Forward email
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=4nl5cpbab&m=1101091777983&ea=mssickness%40gmail.com&a=1118931499241>
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=001Etyo9mO3z6nbsU1c6roQHg%3D%3D&ch=2ef99ce0-32ca-11e3-a25b-d4ae5292c3f3&ca=2de75e25-50d8-488b-ba3b-d2024bb718c5>

This email was sent to mssickness@xxxxxxxxx by susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
Update Profile/Email Address
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001Etyo9mO3z6nbsU1c6roQHg%3D%3D&ch=2ef99ce0-32ca-11e3-a25b-d4ae5292c3f3&ca=2de75e25-50d8-488b-ba3b-d2024bb718c5>
| Rapid removal with SafeUnsubscribe
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=001Etyo9mO3z6nbsU1c6roQHg%3D%3D&ch=2ef99ce0-32ca-11e3-a25b-d4ae5292c3f3&ca=2de75e25-50d8-488b-ba3b-d2024bb718c5>™
| Privacy Policy <http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp>.

whitespace | 814 Edgewood Ave | Atlanta | GA | 30307