[ExchangeList] Re: proper dns settings

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 09:16:57 -0500

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Hi Ara,
We ran in to this a couple of years ago, while working on some DC
problem. Microsoft recommendation was, the DC should not point to itself
as primary DNS. In other words, when you have more than 1 DNS servers,
always point to the other DC as the primary DNS. Although, I am not sure
what difference this makes.

Regards,

Raj P

>This note and any attachments may contain Infineum confidential
information. If you are an unintended recipient: (i) place no reliance
on the information contained herein; (ii) do not disclose, distribute,
or duplicate any information from this note; and (iii) please contact
the sender.