RE: problem Exchange "unknown error"

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 06:22:27 -0400

I'd turn up logging on the Exchange server and see what the application
event log generates when you try to read those email messages.

For your workstation antivirus, I'd configure it to exclude the
directory where your Outlook OST's are stored (by default: C:\Documents
and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook) - if you really suspect this is a problem. It's
not one I've experienced in the past.

The only time I get that message is when the email is spam and in some
language that requires a language pack be installed on the Exchange
server.