pop3 and HTML question

  • From: "Ted" <tdoholis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 18:16:00 -0600

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out why an email that definitely has an HTML body is
being displayed without any HTML when downloaded via pop3. The message can
be opened with my exchange account and displays correctly and the pop3
virtual server is configured to provide the message body only as HTML.

What you get is not strictly plain text but is only the text portion of
the email. All of the tables and formating is contained in an attached
copy of the HTML email. Although its not to bad to look at as it does have
the layout of the text proper, another service monitors the maibox and
picks up the email to import to a DB. By the time it gets there its
meaningless.

When you view the source of the email after downloading it via pop3, the
body changes the mime type to text for some reason and then changed back
to HTML.

any ideas greatly apreciated
thanks

below is a snip of the message source: