[ExchangeList] Re: out of office replies in 5 different languages

  • From: "Carl Houseman" <c.houseman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 01:30:25 -0400

This problem is present on most mailing lists, some more so than others, and
cannot be fixed by the list server itself.  These messages are delivered
directly to you from list members.  The problem is an education issue.

So you want "someone" to fix the problem?   Look in the mirror.  Become an
educator.  Instead of posting to the list as you just did, follow up in
PRIVATE MAIL directly to those who have sent you an OOO or rule-based reply.
A complaint on the list is barely noticed by the guilty parties, most of
whom aren't even aware they are doing it.   But if those people receive 30+
messages from list members, EVERY TIME THEY SEND AN OOO to the list, they
will rapidly become aware.

Carl

  _____