Re: need to reduce the total size of mailbox by move mailboxes

  • From: SHINE <shineace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 12:16:11 +0530

Hi Nguyen,
 Although you will be moving the databases from Server A to Server B, It
will not reflect on the size of A's database unless online maintainence has
run and marked it and you have run offline defragmentation. Also here's an
excerpt taken from kb 821829 .
 For every gigabyte of data that you move, an additional gigabyte of
transaction logs is generated at the source and target server. Verify that
you have sufficient free space on your transaction log drives. If you do not
have sufficient free space on your transaction log drive for transaction log
file generation, you could temporarily turn on circular logging on the *
General* tab of the storage group's properties page
 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821829
 Cheers, Shine Babu.