RE: [exchangelist] DNS ambiguity Problem

  • From: Deryck Richards <drichards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: '[ExchangeList]' <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 18:42:03 -0800

There's an order used for domain name lookup. Usually, going to an external
DNS server is the last option. If you have a Windows DNS Server on the same
local network, it is probably serving the local address.

If you go to a command prompt and type "nslookup",
do you get the IP Address for the dummy server or the live server?