[ExchangeList] Re: changing default server name

  • From: "Ara Avvali" <Ara.Avvali@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 23:47:01 -0700

Hi everyone,

Domain is built with *.local so of course rpc/http doesn't work. I
created a secondary DNS zone called bossaudio.net and made a host record
mail.bossaudio.net which point to the same IP as mail.ava.local.
Logically users don't need to change their settings while moving
inside/outside the network because when they are inside it is
automatically taken from AD DNS pointing to internal IP and when outside
automatically pointing to ISP ip address. The problem is after first
connection this changes back to mail.ava.local and grayed out. Is there
any way I can fix this? I want to stay in mail.bossaudio.net regardless
of cached/ none cached mode

Much appreciated.

PNG image