[ExchangeList] breakout exchange 2007 mailbox size to shows email messages vs other items

  • From: "Harondel J. Sibble" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 01:04:05 -0700

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Any suggestions on a way
to break out the number of email messages in an
Exchange 2007 mailbox/mailstore separate from other items like Calendars and
Contacts and then get a grand total of emails vs everything else?

Doing an ediscovery run with EMC's Vaultsmart and need to verify that the
correct number of items were inmported into Vaultsmart before I turn the
lawyers loose on it.

The Exchange server (not with EMC) admins tell me there are 1.2m items in the

message store while EMC indicates 965k messages imported including ongoing
journalling.

So far haven't found anything while googling.

Ideally a generalized solution that will work with EX2k3, 2k7 and 2k10 would
be awesome, assuming that's even possible.
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting

MSExchange Articles and Tutorials: