RE: Upgrade from 5.5 to 2k, I did a mess....

  • From: "Jamie A. Byrnes" <jabyrnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 14:33:08 +0930

Hi Darwin,

It has been many years since I hit this problem so I can't be specific, but
maybe I can point you in the right direction.

My similar problem involved an invalid character in a site name ("_"). It was
anything but simple to fix, but can be done if you follow specific steps. You
will need to get SPECIFIC info from technet, but basically this is the steps I
took:

Stop replication
Stop affected server's exchange services
Edit metabase to modify name
Restart services
Restart replication

I think my biggest problem was the replication of the site name back to the
problem server; the others sites refused to believe I had changed its name.
There is several articles that deal with this problem but one was the key, and
it was hard to find.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Jamie.