Unable To Read Emails With Attachments

  • From: "Keith Duemling" <kduemling@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 10:01:00 -0500

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas beyond what I've already
tried to resolve this issue.

Running Windows 2000 Server SP3 with Exchange 2k SP1.

Situation:

Users began reporting email issues on the evening of Dec 24th.  Some users
are unable to open and read emails that have attachments of various sizes.
They are denied because they don't have sufficient security settings per the
email server.  Individuals in the administrative group are not denied access
at all.  We have not made any security changes recently that we believe
would cause this given our evidence.

We are also experiencing a 6 to 10 minute delivery lag for internal users
sending emails to other internal users, which appeared at the same time as
the above mentioned issue.  We've discovered that there are appx 1000 emails
sitting in the queue folder on the server pending distribution to their
destinations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keith Duemling
kduemling@xxxxxxx

"You can't trust freedom when it's not in your hands."

// unencrypted
// end