Troubleshooting Site Connector

  • From: "Herrera Cossío, Eliana" <eherrera@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:18:41 -0500

Hi!!
I have joined two sites located in two countries through a site connector.
Site A (Country A) has 6 servers and Site B (Country B), 4 servers.  We use
the following configuration in that connector :

Site A
*       Site Servers
                Server01
                Server02
*       Target Servers
                Server02  Cost =1
                Server03  Cost=1

Site B
*       Site Servers
*       Target Servers
                Server04  Cost =1
                Server05  Cost=1
                Server06  Cost =1
                Server07  Cost=1
                Server08  Cost =1
                Server09  Cost=1

On Friday I added Server01 and Server 02 as Target Servers (Site A) because
people from these servers couldn't send mail to Site B.  Everything worked
fine until Monday.  This day, I realized, messages began to transfer slowly
through queues and I checked the event viewer from my mail server, this
warning appeared :
Event ID 9280 :
 A resource limit has been reached when attempting to open an association.
The locality table is full. [BASE IL INCOMING RPC 33 505] (12)
Unfortunately, the server stopped to transfer messages.  I increased a
greater value for threshold parameter (MTA Site Configuration), but it
doesn't fix it. I removed those servers which I added to Target Servers to
Site Servers in Site Configurator (Site A), but the same happened, it
doesn't work.
So I had to stop and start MTA service and it worked properly.  what could
have happened?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eliana