The item could not be saved to this folder.

  • From: "Baiju Jayarajan" <Baiju.Jayarajan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 20:50:36 +0300

Hi all,
When i am republishing a form programatically in the public folder i am getting
the following error
"The item could not be saved to this folder. The folder has been deleted or
moved, or you do not have permission.Do you want to save  a copy of it in the
default folder for the item?"
When i am using this in my local directory its republishing the form without
any problem. Pls advise. I am using the following code to generate a sequence
number with the mileage field. If you have any better suggestions .. pls let me
know.

PS: I have checked the properties->administration-> drag/drop posting is a
"Move/Copy"

the following is the code :
olFolderRegistry = 3
myFormName = "baiju test"

   Set olns = Item.Application.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
   Set MyFolder1 = olns.Folders("Public Folders")
   Set MyFolder2 = MyFolder1.Folders("All Public Folders")
   Set MyFolder3 = MyFolder2.Folders("Development")
   Set MyFolder4 = MyFolder3.Folders("Data Migration")
   Set MyFolder5 = MyFolder4.Folders("baiju direcotry")
      If Item.Size = 0  then
         If Item.Mileage = "" Then
            Item.Mileage = 1

         Else
         ' Increment the index in the Mileage field.
             Item.Mileage = CStr(CInt(Item.Mileage) + 1)
           End If
           Set myForm = Item.FormDescription
         myForm.Name = myFormName
                msgbox " form name is " & myForm.Name
         myForm.PublishForm olFolderRegistry, MyFolder5

        End If

Thanx in advance

Baiju