RE: Subject: Exchange 2003 store size mystery

  • From: "Dan Klobnak" <dan.klobnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 06:32:03 -0500

Michael, looking at your steps, I am wondering if you did the following:
from
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828070/

Remove data from your mailbox store. To do this, use any of these methods: *
Use Microsoft Outlook to delete unnecessary e-mail items from individual
inboxes and other folders.
* Use Outlook to delete unnecessary e-mail items from the Sent Items folder.
* Use Outlook to empty the Deleted Items folder.
* If deleted item retention is set, you may want to temporarily reduce
retention to zero (0) days:a.  Click Start, point to Programs, point to
Microsoft Exchange, and then click System Manager.
b.  Right-click Mailbox Store, and then click Properties.
c.  Click the Limits tab, and then type 0 in the Keep deleted items for days
box

...Then you have to allow online maintenance to flush the deleted items...

Good luck, please share your solution...Dan