Strange Outlook XP Problem

  • From: Gene O'Brien <Gene@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:29:20 -0500

Hi All,

We're using Exchange 5.5, and a mix of Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP for the
desktop clients.

I just upgraded a user who had Windows 98 and Office 97, to Windows XP and
Office XP>

He had been using a Personal Address Book for his contacts, which I imported
and upgraded to OUtlook XP contacts.

When he goes to view the contacts, there's nothing in the gray "display" bar
for each name, unless he first clicks on the letters on the right side (the
"rolodex letters").. which seems to 'kick start' the entries in the Display
bar for each contact.  The contacts all seem to contain the proper info,
they just don't display properly without this extra step.

I can't find anything like it listed on the Microsoft tech support sites.

Anyone have any ideas?  Solutions?

Thanks very much!!

Gene O'Brien
Network Administrator