RE: Sobig

  • From: "Craig Weil" <craig_weil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 09:46:39 -0700

Ah, I should have thought of that. Granted, I learned my lesson the hard way regarding being used as a relay and spam server having been a victim of it myself and going through the painstaking process of being removed from blacklists. However, you're right John, once you know you're serving as the pony for someone else's wagon, you need to unhitch and be done with it.

Thanks everyone for the quick replies.  You're very much appreciated!

Craig A. Weil

From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Sobig
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 09:35:13 -0700

> Anyone have some advice?

Read previous postings.

There has been much talk about all the e-mail servers out there sending out
SPAM in the gist of a infection notification to forge addresses.

I feel like blacklisting all of them until they get their act together.

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA
eServices For You

List Archives:
No.1 ISA Server Resource Site:
Windows Security Resource Site:
Network Security Library:
Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions:
You are currently subscribed to this Discussion List as: craig_weil@xxxxxxxxxxx

Need more e-mail storage? Get 10MB with Hotmail Extra Storage.