Sending Email from an Email Address That is Hidden

  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:18:22 -0600

I am trying to send an email from an email address (distribution list)
that is "Hidden from Exchange Address lists" (via the Exchange Advanced
checkbox). I want to do so as I do not want the distribution list in our
GAL but I do need to send from it. To date, I have simply gone in and
unchecked the "Hide from Exchange Address Lists" whenever I want to send
from the address, but as you can imagine this is a pain.

Everytime I try to send from this address when the email address is
hidden, I get a message saying "You do not have permission to send on
behalf of the specified user". Yes, I do have Full Control permissions for
the Distribution List/email address.

Can anyone help? I don't care how I do it but I act for two organizations
and need to have an email address in each.