RE: Same Alias name in two separate forest.

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:16:39 -0500

There's several ways to accomplish this.  A smart host would likely be the
easiest to manage if this is a long term solution.

You could use the smart host to handle the namespace abstraction do the
lookup, and then forward to the appropriate sub-domain.

Or depending on the rate of refresh/updates for objects, you could
alternatively use a import/export scheme to populate contacts etc. and then
set one of the Exchange orgs to not be authoratative for the domain.  Let it
be the first host to get the mail for the domain.  Whatever it can't
resolve, it could forward to the other host.  The contacts would be in place
to allow for internal (org to org) mail.  In your case, all would resolve on
the first host, but some would be contacts.

MIIS might be of use to you for some of this.

Al