SV: domain name change

  • From: Anantha Kumar S <Anantha.Kumar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:51:36 +0530

I already have a oldcompany domain name i want to change it to newcompany
domain name.
i have already registered the new name.
1 Can i have two domain names in one exchange, if yes pls specify how to
configure it.
2 How do i reroute mail comming to abc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to
abc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is there any write up or any docs available. so that i  can get more details
on this.
anantha

  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:17:08 +0530
Hi anantha,

Get the new domain to point at your ip adr. (the same your are using now).
Set the exchange 5.5 so it can get the mails for the new domain.
On the user create a new e-mail adr. user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  an set it to replay adr. if you do that your
user can still get mails form the old domain but when the user sent a new
mail it sent with user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
If you have a firewall you should have to open for the new domain.

Hope it is understandable.

Best Regards

Karsten Aarhus
Pc-koordinator