SSL Bridging and Certificates

  • From: "Mustafa Cicek" <mbcicek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 02:09:21 -0600

Hi!
In my test network I have installed ISA 2004. ISA is not the domain
member
in my enviorenent (Windows 2003 Server domain).
The OWA server which I want to publish is a domain member, and has its
own
certificate from Windows 2003 Enterpreise Certificate Authority.
I want to publish my OWA server by using SSL Bridging.
1) I know that I need one certificate for my OWA server and to export it
to ISA server. I did this also.
2) I imported also Root Certificate of CA to my ISA server.
3) Second step is to install a certificate for my ISA server. I
requested
a certificate for ISA from Windows 2003 Enterpreise Certificate
Authority
and installed it under MMC Certificates (Local Computer) on ISA Server.

I published OWA server with ISA wizard and bound a Listener to the
external NIC of ISA. I opened the tab BRIDGING under Properties of this
new publishing and enabled "Redirect requests to SSL port" and "Use a
certificate to authenticate to the SSL Web server". BUT I cannot select
any certificate if I click on SELECT button. THen I have an error
massage:
THERE ARE NO CERTIFICATES CONFIGURED ON THIS SERVER.

What is the problem? Why I cannot select this certificate on the
BRIDGING
tab? But I can select the certificate for my OWA server on the Listener
tab.

Best Regards
Mustafa