SMTP stops responding

  • From: "Bruce J. Rose" <brose@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 08:37:59 -0400

My exchange server SMTP stops responding 2 times a day.  When the SMTP
stops responding the store reports memory usage of 685MBs.  I also get
event messages stating that "timeout waiting for response from IISADMIN"

also same message for SMPTSRV and RESvc.  I found a tid for this problem
relating to Exchange 2000 and to get a hotfix;en-us;831572

MS Tech support.  The server has 1 Gig of memory running W2000 SP4.

Exchange version is 2003 sp1.  The Tid says it's a email with corrupted
timestap.  Has anyone had this problem and if so have you got it fixed.

When I dismount and mount store memory goes back to 50 MB

Thanks Bruce Rose, MCSE2000, CNE6, CCNA

Echosat Communications

8593898900 234