SMTP Mail Flow

  • From: "Jason Cordingley" <Jason.Cordingley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 16:01:16 +0100

Guys,

I have the following set-up.

Small Business Server 2000
Exchange 2000 Standard Version
Exchange sends via DNS, recieves direct on the IP address, via mail
forwarding from the ISP.
ISA Server 3.0 Standard Version
Service Pack 1 for SBS 2000
ADSL connection on the server via a network card, server has a static IP
address on the internet and an IP address on the internal network.

I can browse the web via the clients and the server throught he web proxy.
I can ping the external IP address of the server.
I can telnet to port 25 on the server.

When I send an email from outlook via Exchange it sit's in the queue waiting
to go out. If I shutdown the firewall and ISA services, I can force the
email to go. If the firewall and ISA services are turned off the email's go
automatically.

Any ideas what I have done wrong, or need to change so the exchange box can
send email's through the firewall.

Jason Cordingley