[ExchangeList] Retention Policy Tag Question

  • From: Tom Rogers <trogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:01:28 +0000

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------I am using Exchange 2010
SP-1 Rollup 6.

I read online that I can configure Retention Policy Tags using the EMS, to
enable Retention Policies on Calendar items. So following this command:

New-RetentionPolicyTag -name "Remove calendar entries older than 14 days"
-AgeLimitForRetention 14 -RetentionAction DeleteAndAllowRecovery
-RetentionEnabled $true -type Calendar

I should then have Calendar be selectable in the EMC GUI when creating
Retention Policies, but instead, I get this error:

Tags of type Calendar or Task are not supported.

Is there any way I can automatically cleanup resource/room calendar items? I
have a huge need for this functionality.

TIA,

-Tom Rogers