RPC over HTTP just stoped working.

  • From: "Mark Friedman" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:55:39 -0500

I am running a server with win2k3/exchgange2k3.

I had configured all remote users to use RPC over Https to connect to
the exchange server instead of using a VPN.  It is also configured with
and SSL/certificate, and basic authentication.  Fast/Slow is also
checked off.  To make a long story short, everything was working
excellent, then all of a sudden on Monday it stopped working.

I am able to connect to the exchange server via VPN, both ways
internally via regular connection and over http, and I even tested it in
a browser in a remote location via https://servername.domain.com/RPC and
that even worked.  I am have attempted to place this server in the DMZ
to see if it was a firewall issue and that did not help the situation.
Not sure what else to look at.  I have checked all the event logs on
that server and nothing comes up as unsual at all.  Made sure all
services that were supposed to be running were, and everything seems
copostetic there.

Any suggestions on futher troubleshooting or where to look.

P.S. Also made sure SSL Certificate was up to date and it was.

Mark M. Friedman  A+, N+, MCP, MCSA

Sands Technology Corp.

Main: (954) 818-4203

Fax: (954) 905-4356