Outlook XP behaving unlike 2k or 97

  • From: "Jeffrey Robillard" <jrobill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:47:56 -0400

Recently we added a second mail server.  The new server is a member of the ad
the original server is the primary ad controller. Communication is working
perfectly between both servers and the outside world.   I started replicating
public folders to the new server, then after replication was complete removing
the replica on the old server.   No problems at all, my outlook 2k machine
could see the information in all public folders regardless of which server they
were on.   I then moved my mailbox to the new server without any issues.
Again, I can see information on all public folders without any problems.

However, on Outlook 2002 (Outlook xp) users things are a little bit different.
 These users can only see public folders that are on the same server as their
mailbox store.   When they try to access public folders on a different store a
couple receive a login prompt asking them to log in to the domain again... then
it will work.  Others there is no login prompt it just says to bad cant do it.
  If I move these users mailboxes to the new server then things change a little
bit.   As soon as the open outlook they have to login to the domain again, but
then they have access to all public folders regardless of where they are.

It seems as if Outlook XP can not check the hierarchy public folder information
instead it only checks its local store.   Any ideas.

Thanks in advance.