OWA errors with Exchange 5.5 - No Clue what is causing these....

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Exchange Group on Yahoo (MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx)'" <MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'ExchangeList (exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 00:57:07 -0400

Hello all,

   I am getting some errors in OWA (Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0)

When users try to access a calendar item by clicking on it in OWA they
receive the following error that opens in another browser screen:
            Outlook Web Access cannot display this item in a public folder.
When anyone tries to delete an Item, they receive:
            UNABLE TO DELETE ITEM
When anyone tries to open public folders, users receive:
            UNABLE TO GET PUBLIC FOLDER (click OK) and then UNABLE TO DELETE
ITEM error message appears again.

I am not sure what is going on here. Anyone seen this before?  I have found
several knowledge base articles on the 'Unable to get public folder' and
'Unable to delete item' error messages (none of these resolved the issue),
but have found NOTHING on the first error message.

I have completely removed OWA from the server, reinstalled it and reapplied
the configuration settings.  The errors still appear.
All I can say is that these errors started soon after I ran the consistency
adjuster.  I selected both check boxes under 'Public information store' and
selected all inconsistencies.  I do not know if this had anything to do with
the errors, but just wanted to mention it in the event anyone knows of an
issue this may cause with OWA.

Thanks for any help,
Chris