[ExchangeList] OWA and domains and Activesynch

  • From: "Dan Klobnak" <Dan.Klobnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:03:17 -0500

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Hi there, several months
back we brought up a new DC and Exchange server
(both 2003). Very small network. Original network was
graphicsolutions.com. We had OWA pointing to mail.graphicsolutions.com

When we upgraded our DC, we switched our internal domain to gsi.local.
We kept OWA the same (mail.graphicsolutions.com. OWA works great.

We recently picked up some Pocket PC 6700, and when I try to use
activesynch 4.1, I want to synch to my Exchange Server. ESM and IIS is
configured correctly. One is to ID the Exchange Server with the OWA
name, yet I get issues when I try to synch. It's a pretty generic error
code: 85010014.

I then realized that my new DNS does not have an entry for
mail.graphicsolutions.com (when I ping I get the external address as
ID'd on ISP DNS.) I created an A record for mail.graphicsolutions.com in
my internal DNS, yet when I ping internally it will only resolve
correctly when I ping
mail.graphicsolutions.com.gsi.local

I'm assuming I created the wrong type of record in DNS?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dan