OWA 2003 and Windows XP

  • From: "Dee" <deea@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:30:21 -0600

I have asked this question before, but after some more research I need to
ask in a different way.

My laptop users with Windows 2000 have fast access to our OWA 2003 -
through DSL or dialup. Each screen switch takes about 10 seconds (after
the first loading of the inbox/calendar/etc).

My laptop users with Windows XP have extremely slow access to our OWA 2003
- through DSL or dialup -- can take 3 minutes to load each screen, i.e.,
inbox, calendar, open an email, etc.

Both type of users have the newest update for IE/MS SPs, etc.

I do not believe I can enable compression unless I have both a FE and a BE
server (please correct me if I misunderstood).

Can someone shed some light on the subject? I've looked everywhere.

Thanks,
Dee Arnold