RE: OT: random system shutdown...out of ideas

  • From: "Shawn Moua" <smoua@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 10:30:49 -0700

Few things to look for or do:

*       Update virus software and do a complete scan of your system.
*       Check for latest updates on all your system components (as well
as software).
*       Open your tower up and check internally to make sure nothing can
be a potential short.
*       Retest your UPS.
*       Check your system's power supply.

Also, depending on how much reserve power you have you may want to
decrease the 8-minute..just in case the system is draining more then
expected during the period of outage.